Baltic Restaurants is a catering company that operates nearly a hundren catering establishments across Estonia. In recent years the company has been gradually adopting the CompuCash POS system.
Baltic Restaurants on ferries
- Used on four ferries
The CompuCash POS system was introduced on four ferries that travel to and from Hiiumaa and Saaremaa where Baltic Restaurants operates Take Off diners. The optimal self-service cash registers were one of the decisive factors behind opting for CompuCash as they allowed to eliminate the bottlenecks in service arising from short travel times, especially on the Saaremaa line.
- CompuCash offers an easy-to-use self-service POS system with a modern design. CompuCash serlf-service cash registers can identify the products in several ways.
- Baltic Restaurants uses integrated scales at self-service terminals for selling buffet items where the scale interface allows measuring weight once the item selected.
- Video surveillance that can be integrated with the CompuCash POS system can be operated using WiFi because retrofitting a ship with wires and cables would have been complicated.
- The four ferries use a total of nearly 20 cash registers whereof 10 are self-service terminals.
- The database of the POS system is common for all ships to allow centralised reporting and management in real time.