Everybody who has experienced creating work schedule and gathering working hours manually, knows how much time it may take. The more employees, departments, different types of work, your company has got, the more complicate the scheduling and the more time it takes to summarize the real hours and compile the sorted data for salary calculations.
Luckily it is possible nowadays to delegate most of it to the technology. None of the software programs is totally independent – you still need to insert the basic data but a large part of the routine work can be done by the work time management system by itself. In addition using a digital work time management programme raises effectiveness of your employees.
Explaining simply a digital work time management system helps to save time and money it three stages:
- Preparing work schedules. Data about your employees (work load, planned vacations, etc.) is inserted (or imported from a personnel programme) once into the digital work time management programme. Using this data you can easily compile the work schedules fort your unit’s employees taking into account the planned vacations and if a person is working full time or part time. The system can also help you to check if the plan is in accordance with the employment laws.
- Work time measurement. Your employees will register their work times at a terminal with the chip or fingerprint. In case one does different tasks during a day, then he/she can register that as well, if so has been agreed internally. As an alternative you can also choose solution where the start and end time of a task is registered automatically with entering and leaving a room or space. The data of real time usage can be beneficially used for optimizing planning and resources – summary reports give a good help in it.
- There is no need any more manually insert the data for salary calculations as it can be sent from one programme to the other. This also prevents human errors from manual data insertion and saves time.
Better results in practice
The exact hours saved with digital work time management system and increase of effectiveness depend of course on how the company has been managed so far and what systems were used.
Based on the experiences of factories using a digital work time management system it can be said that in a company with ab 100 employees that pays an average Estonian salary earns the investment back with about 1.3 years. You can calculate the possible investment time and savings per year from here. The saving comes 1st from the administrative side– saving the time needed to make work schedules, inserting real work time data, control, salary calculations, etc. More effective planning saves you minimum 10% of the time used for it until now and in addition you eliminate the possibility for human errors.
The other win for you is raising effectiveness of your employees. The experiences show that the employees become more disciplined – the non-effective time start to decrease and effectiveness can raise about 10%. For example the amount of minutes being late have decrease 50% with using digital work time management system and the time used for smoking breaks has decreased one third.
The third benefit is that you can monitor the work flow in real time and have also an option to show it on a bug screen in your factory. With precise data available you can plan the future tasks better as you know how much time the tasks take for separate people. You can pay bonuses for the quicker people and provide trainings for the ones that really need it.
CompuAccess work time management solution:
- The work time management full solution allows to plan work time and schedules, measure real working times, and analyse the related data.
- The system consists of the software and hardware. One can use the solution in house and in the outside conditions. If your internet connection is temporarily broken then the system will continue to work with limited functionality also in the offline regime.
- The system is suitable for smaller companies but also for huge factories.
- One can insert an unlimited number or employees and tasks into the system and create schedules as far as needed – even for the whole year at once.
- The solution is available for Android, Apple and Windows systems and the database is securely located in the Telia server.
- It is possible to integrate CompuAccess with a book-keeping and salary programme. It is already integrated with Taavi and Columbus cloud salary programme.
- Ektaco has 30+ years of experiences of developing access control and point of sale systems and our management system work in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Today 1000+ employees register their working time daily with CompuAccess.